Magic of this group or how exactly to organize a lesson by means of “Round Table”
The concept in the shape of a “round dining table” is most conveniently performed in the stage of generalization and consolidation of this material, because this kind allows you to begin to see the topic under research when you look at the basic system of real information about the subject, to show interdisciplinary connections. In addition, the lesson “round table” helps you to link theory and practice, to reveal the practical value of the obtained knowledge, skills and habits.
A table that is round an as a type of arranging a discussion of a subject by which a few points of view are initially laid. The purpose of the round table is to identify contradictions, compare different points of view and select roles and solutions which can be acceptable to all the participants.
Step one. Picking a subject for the round table
The essential hard stage of planning when it comes to concept could be the selection of the topic:
- First, the subject should initially assume the presence of various points of view on the question that is same that is, be multivariate.
- Next, the subject should always be well examined.
- Third, it really is desirable that the subject can be linked with the current, everyday activity, that is, it must be relevant.
For instance, the subject in do my paper for me geography “Shape for the Earth” can never be employed for a table that is round in whatever way. However the variation “Historical notions concerning the model of the Earth” is quite suitable, because it allows to place forward different presumptions, to put forward arguments and only this or that variation, to correlate with all the state that is present of.
Usually, classes in the shape of a “round dining table” are conducted in humanitarian subjects (literary works, history, social studies). Even though this type can be utilized into the lessons of mathematics, chemistry, physics.
Samples of topics for round table in numerous subjects
- Mathematics. For instance, “Methods of multiplication of figures: unusual and traditional”;
- Chemistry. The classification of metal ores, the production of steel, cast iron, the environmental impact of metal processing, etc for example, the topic “Metallurgy”, where different groups can be given different tasks: what is metallurgy.
- Physics. Theme “Alternative power sources”.
Stage 2. Preparing pupils for participation in a round dining table
Spontaneously conduct of these a class is impossible. Consequently, it is suggested to advise students in advance, to speak about the concepts of organizing a discussion, about the assessment system. Consultations could be both combined group and specific (during the demand of pupils).
Just how to organize a roundtable training in school? It’s very important to talk about the rules that are following preparation:
- Regulations (on time).
- Mutual respect.
- Inadmissibility of “change to the individual.”
- Speak 1 by 1.
- Never interrupt the presenter.
- Actively take part, etc.
These rules may be formulated because of the kids by themselves, therefore the teacher can also suggest.
Evaluation guidelines are laconism, reasoning, accuracy of this declaration. Its desirable to write most of the guidelines on separate placards (boards) so they come in front side regarding the eyes throughout the “round dining table”.